Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Halloween Shadowbox by Yasmin Tölche

Hello all! It's getting closer and closer to Halloween and I've made a halloween decoration with the Marion Smith Designs "Wicked Times" Collection. I love it!


I have to say I do adore making these shadowboxes and gluing all sorts of nicknacks into them. This one was just so fun to make!


This is little shadowbox with trinkes ready to decorate my house. I've added papers for the "Wicked Times" collection to the background and glued loads of junque and gems to accent my piece. The sceleton is the coolest thing ever and are dangeling loosley in front of the box. The flowers are Marion Smith Designs and the small little brown bottle is also a junque and gems.


I can't say it enough the sceleton is just way cool. I've painted the whole box with black gesso, Then I added colorlab pigment into white gesso to make the orange and the purple paints. I covered the whole piece with crackle paint. I'm still unsure if that was the right move. What do you guys think. 

Anyways.. Hope you have a fantastic halloween celebration! Thanks for joining me here today! 

1 comment: