Thursday, October 15, 2015

Altered Wooden Box from Shanna

Hey y'all. I am excited to be the one to inspire you today. 

I decided to reach into my bin of things to alter and I grabbed this wooden box. 

I decided to "Junque" it up.


So I decided to use several to paint the box with a cream acrylic paint and then covered the box with Junque Gypsy papers.


All the papers with roughed up on the edges then inked with Distress Ink. I used cardboard to layer the lid giving it some dimension. 


Then I cut some pieces for the inside and did the same thing. 
However, for the inside I added a little saying. I also add some lovely Petaloo flowers. 


My favorite part was adding some extra gold trim around the edges to match the gold latches and hinges on the box.


Items Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment