Wednesday, November 12, 2014

"Fly Through the Air" Art Journaling featuring "Mad Tea Party"

Hello All!

Keri here. 

Today, I am sharing with a piece i revolt did in my art journal. It's a little reminder to myself to let go and be free...just like a bubble. 


To make my background, I first adhered a sheet of watercolor paper to my journal page. This keeps the page from warping when I add my paints and matte gel medium. 


I then convered that with a piece of the "Tea Party" paper from the "Mad Tea Party" collection. 



I had some paper doilies from Wilton's that looked very similar to the background lace in the paper, so I added those on top. 


Next, to make an antique gold color, I mixed together Liquitex Basics Acrylic paint in Gold and Burnt Umber. Using a stiff brush, I dry brushed the edges and some in the middle of the page. 


I used this page for a little face drawing practice. Used a Black Scribe-All pencil and clear gesso for the base. 



Later, I added color using craft acrylic paint. 


TIP: if you don't feel comfortable drawing your own picture...look online for face outlines or images. You can easily find an image you like that you can just fill in! 

To finish my page, I cut circles from the " Wonderland", "Tea Party", "Alice" and "cut and Create" papers from the "Mad Yea Party" collection. I laid them out so they looked like they were floating up. I used my antique gold mixture to edge them and added a few pieces of "Junque & Gems" rhinestones for added depth and sparkle. 


I finished by cutting strips from the "Tea Party" paper (striped side) to use as journaling strips for my words: Fly through the air, just like a bubble, above the crowds and above your troubles." 


Here's a couple of closeups!



I hope you have enjoyed my Art Journal page today. 

Until next time.... 

Xoxo, 
Keri 

2 comments: