Thursday, October 30, 2014

Guest Artist Spotlight: Joanne Bain

Good morning everyone. 

Today we am showcasing another amazing talent, Joanne Bain from Australia! She was so gracious to share her amazing layout with us today and how could you not love that picture. 


I am Joanne Bain from Queensland, Australia. I am a very proud mother of 2 and I am happily married to my best friend and have been for 20 years. He is the best husband a girl could ask for and is very supportive of my paper crafting. Most of my inspiration for this craft comes from my wonderful family and friends and also the beautiful array of products that are now available. When I am not scrapbooking, I am kept busy with all activities involving raising a happy family and I like dabbling around with photography which is perfect as I always have something to scrap. 



We live in sunny Queensland Australia along with our 2 dogs and more pet birds then I can count. I have been a scrapbooker for 12 years since my daughter was the age of 3 and then 9 years ago along came the other special boy in my life my gorgeous son, many of my creations tend to feature them. From as far back as I can remember I was always doing some form of craft. I have sewed, crocheted, knitted, painted and scrapbooked throughout my teenage years without even knowing it….lol. However paper crafting is my absolute favourite of all crafts and I would have say I am slightly addicted. 


My preferred scrapping preference is 12 x 12 layouts and creating off the page/altered projects. I am not locked into a specific scrapping style, as I am happy to give anything a go but I would describe my style as structured with lots of layers, fussy cut paper cutting, detail and dimension.


I do love to embellish my pages with chipboard, flowers and bling but sometimes I just love to let the gorgeous patterned papers available take centre stage in my creations. I am at my happiest with my scissors and beautiful patterned papers that beg to be fussy cut to create layers and dimension for my creations.


You can visit Joanne below via any of her social media links and her blog. 

Thank you so much Joanne for sharing. 

Happy Thursday everyone!

Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment