Thursday, October 9, 2014

A Splash of Color with Jelissa

Hello friends!

I'm up on the Marion Smith Designs blog today to share a layout I created using the Mad Tea Party collection.


That's a photo of eldest playing with bubbles and I have edited the photo for a saturated look. Using my mediums and watercolors, I created a colourful background to match the tones in the photo. 

Some close-ups: 


A balloon stamp from the Flying High stamp set. I misted the stamp and pressed it down on a scrap piece from the Garment District papers. Then it was doing the outline in black with a Faber-Castell Big Brush pen to get more defined lines, and stamping it over the first image. This was followed by some masking and misting, and more stamping with a small motif stamp from the same set. The little metal balloon is also from Junque and Gems.


A white resin flower which I misted to give it a peach tinge. I also built up layers under my photo using cut-outs from the Cut and Create sheet, also from the Mad Tea Party collection. To add a finishing touch, I scattered some blings, also from Junque and Gems, around the page.

And that's all I have for today. Thanks for dropping by!


Marion Smith Designs products used:




love,

No comments:

Post a Comment