Thursday, September 11, 2014

Close to My Heart - Mixed Media Layout with Jelissa

Good day lovely friends! 

I have for you today, a layout I created with the Nirvana collection by Marion Smith Designs. I just love the teals and the golds and browns in the collection and together, they make such a rustic and shabby combination.


I did lots of layering with different papers from the collection for my photo mat, plus lots of stamping with MSD clear stamps. I've used paints and mediums from my stash to bring out the gold and teal in the Nirvana papers.

Some close ups:


Stamping little hearts with one of the MSD stamps and coloring it with a mixture of Luminarte Silks and Ayeeda liquid medium. The flowers I fussy cut out were also covered with a layer of gold glaze, and the resin flower (also from MSD) was painted with gold paint. Tucked under the photo layers is also a piece of doily which I die cut out from one of the Nirvana collection papers and I painted the edges with gold paint as well. 



Did you see little gold arrows everywhere? These are from MSD's Junque and Gems embellishment lines and these little arrows are perfect for creating movement, and directing the focus onto your photos or your clusters. You can also see n the background I've used MSD stamps all over. 

That's all I have for you today. Thank you for dropping by and remember to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work on the MSD blog.

Marion Smith Designs products used:








Until then,
happy scrapping!


1 comment: