Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Just Go & Sew

Hey paper peeps! So good to see you ;) & so glad to see March, phew! We made it! I am so ready to open the windows and let some fresh air in this house! I have a fun layout to share with you today, using the beautiful Garment District line. There are a lot of great sewing elements in this line, and as soon as I saw this adorable striped paper, I knew immediately what pics would totally match! (Isn't it funny how us scrappers think?!)
One day I went to a scrapbooking class, and my mom really wanted to go, but she's not a papercrafter, she's a sewer...as in quilter, not a stinky drain pipe... So I told her to just "Go and Sew!" There happened to be a comfy little chair right in the middle of the store, perfect for her to sew to her hearts content!


 
 
I cut a piece of the collaged paper and created a "homemade" tag out of it, I thought the scissors fit perfectly...

 
Threw in a few embellishments....

 
I am not really a fan of my handwriting per-say, but I love journaling on my layouts. I feel like I'm leaving a little piece of me behind ;) 

 
I was thinking about maybe hanging it in her sewing area? I hope she likes it! 
 
Thank you for stopping in, and have a beautiful day!
 
Love, Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Fantabulous Sarah - I love that you documented spending time with your Mom. She is going to love this layout and yes you should frame it for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!! I love the sewing elements in this line- super fun!

    ReplyDelete