Saturday, January 11, 2014

Wall Art "Valentine Rose" & Tutorial


Good morning today I bring you some Valentine eye candy!!
I have started early creating my own wall art/home decor for our home.
Using the Mad Tea Party paper collection by Marion Smith....and embellishment page
to create my Valentine Rose wall art piece.
I love the shabby chic vintage feel and look...



The lovely embellishment pages from the Mad Tea Party 
paper line works great for wall art, cards, scrapbook pages.


Wall Art Tutorial
Prime wood piece with gesso, add texture with your favorite mask/stencil.
Spray your favorite mist...I used glimmer mist!
Give it a white wash with gesso...that is your background to build upon.
Rip the edges of the paper you choose, along with tearing holes
in your paper to give old feel...distress the edges with ink.
I also used a wet paint brush to moist the edges to curl up...
Pick your favorite flowers and embellishments...I gesso the fake 
flowers and glimmer mist the Petaloo white flowers...great way to get the color you want.
Wood Veneers are great to add to your project...colored
with glimmer mist..stamp on and cut apart to tuck into your project.

Thanks for stopping by today,
Hugs


Supplies
Marion Smith Designs-Mad Tea Party Paper Collection and Junk & Gems
Tattered Angels-Glimmer mist-Olive Vine, Graphite, Coffee Shop
Simply Sheer-Chilli Pepper Red
Prima-Script Stamp, Crackle Mask
Crafters Workshop-Brick Mask
Ranger-Distress Ink-Brush Corduroy
Petaloo-Printed Darjeeling Wild Blossoms-white
Studio Calico-Wood Veneers
Plaster/Gesso
Beacon 3-n-1 glue

3 comments: