Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My Honey Bee Layout by Tonya Gibbs

When my sister-in-law called and asked me to take pics of this little honey bee in the pumpkin patch,  I didn't hesitate.  She was  buzzing around the pumpkins, like she was pollinating a garden. The entire time, her wings were upside down, her tongue hanging out, and buzzing noises coming from her mouth. She was so busy and absolutely ADORABLE! 


Marion's Nirvana collection was the perfect backdrop for this photos.  I used the Photo Ops for my base, because it has a nice muted turquoise color and orange damask on the b-side.  The contrast was just what I needed for my photo to take center stage.   I used smaller pieces of the Typograph paper as accents around the photo.  



For embellishments, I reached for Marion's stamps.   


The  alpha stamps were used to spell out My Honey Bee on a banner cluster at the bottom of the layout.



I used the large rose from the Curious set with some water colors in pinks and gold.  To make the flowers have a little depth I decided to mix them in with mulberry flowers, colored to match.   I also used clear gold glitter nail polish in the centers of the stamped images to give them a little texture.  


The Doilies were stamped with black ink onto a scrap of  paper from the collection, and I trimmed around them to make them look like border.  For a little added shimmer I dripped Gold Ink and the Tim Holtz bronze metallic distress paint all over the layout near the photo cluster. I love how it looks like dripping honey.  The camera really doesn't do justice to the shimmer on this layout. 



Thanks for stopping in today, please don't forget to subscribe.  If you like what you see here, please visit my blog at  for more great projects! 


Tonya Gibbs
http://www.psychomomscrapbooks.blogspot.com 

4 comments: