Saturday, November 2, 2013

Mad Tea Party | Life Sparkles Layout by Angee Carter



Hey crafty friends, 

Today I'm sharing a layout inspired by cold  mornings, and warm beverages. Here in Texas we don't get very many of these however we sure do enjoy a "spot of tea" and a little "pumpkin spice" anything during the cooler months of the year. 

I was inspired by this beautiful art journal page by Vicki Papaioannou


I fell in love with this page as I was watching her youtube video. It's amazing what a little inspiration can create. So gorgeous!

When I set about making my layout I knew I wanted a different color scheme. I'm very much a pink/aqua girl so I knew the Mad Tea Party line was going to be my best bet. Plus I came across a great quote by Lord  Byron that I just had to use. 


I started the layout by trimming all the cute cards from the Mad Tea Party cut-a-part sheets. Then I arranged them on the Cloud 9 paper from the Nirvana line. I can't resist that white damask on this paper. Love it. 

After gluing those down I kept thing where do I put the photo. I didn't really have a photo to go on so I decided to just add the quote. Sometimes a photo is not needed!

I found those glitter thickets a few weeks ago at my local Tuesday Morning. What a great find!! I purchased 3 packages of them because I knew I wanted to use them in my December Daily album for this year. Thank goodness I did. They sure add the right touch to this layout. 

Lastly I added a bit of washi tape to ground my title and that was it. A few brads, enamel dots, and wood veneer embellished things of nicely. I did add a bit of stamping around the layout to mimic tea stains. 


These cards make me so happy. Tea is one of my favorite things and this layout will be framed and hung above my bedside table for sure. 

I like my tea with a splash of milk and a bit of sugar. How do you take yours?

Thanks so much for stopping by. 




4 comments:

  1. fantastic love it & the quote :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Angee it would be awesome hanging in your kitchen inside a little shadow box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Angee - and I love the white damask on that paper too!

    ReplyDelete