Sunday, November 3, 2013

It's Time to Count our Blessings!

I am happy that it is November and one of my favorite holidays is coming up!  Not only do I love the Pumpkin Pie and Turkey, but I also love being able to focus on the blessings we have as a family!  Being Thankful and Grateful for all we have has been one of my big goals in teaching my kids!
Since today is November 3, I started a couple days ago with a Journal to document my Blessings!  I will keep adding things each day this month and by the end of November, I will have such a great reminder to be GRATEFUL!  
For this journal, I am using a Kraft Blank Journal from 7 Gypsies!
I love all the colors of Nirvana that worked so well with my "Fall" color scheme. 
This cover has lots of layers created by cutting out a lot of little elements, and adding some watercolor "scuff" over them.. I used a Thankful stamp with Stazon Ink, and then watercolored over it.  I really love the soft watery look!  Burlap is a big trend,so the flower was perfect for this project!
This journal will be more in the form of an art journal- filled with lots of areas to write, and made pretty by adding little elements .
 Here, I used stamps and envelopes and jute to decorate.  I have a little journaling card inside the envelope and will keep writing more as the month goes on.
I will be working on this as the month goes on, but I wanted to prepare a few pages ahead by watercoloring backgrounds.  Some pages will have photos and I will add my Thanksgiving day pictures also.

more pages to write on and fill with Thankful Thoughts! 
 These are the papers I used to create the cover and cutouts.



Additional Supplies:
Tattered Angels Mist- Pumpkin Spice, Thankful stamp from Michaels,  Jute, Maya Road Ruler, Watercolors, Manilla Tags, Canvas Corp Burlap flower, Basic Grey flower, Recollections foam squares,  Charm from the Girls Paperie, brass number from my stash, orange paperclip by Typo, kraft bag and tag from Michaels, Kraft chip element from Michaels 

I hope your November will be filled with Thankful Thoughts too! 
Start Counting Your Blessings-- it will make you smile! 
Thanks for stopping by and Please subscribe!  YOU won't want to miss the excitement here on the blog! 
Colette Nederhoff 


2 comments:

  1. Awesome book. I love the water color touches. Great cover, and start to an awesome keepsake.

    ReplyDelete