Sunday, November 24, 2013

Christmas Card designed by Tonya Gibbs

Hi everyone, I hope you're having a fantastic Sunday.  Today I would like to share with you a simple yet very elegant Christmas card I made with Marion's Designs. 
 
 
Merry Christmas Card Designs by Tonya A. Gibbs at Psychomoms.com  #card, #holiday, #Christmas, #marionsmithdesigns
 
 
I kept the design simple, so that the card could easily be duplicated and mailed. For the background, I decided to use white card stock that was dry embossed with a Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder.   This gave texture to the card, without a lot of fuss.
 
 
Then I trimmed a small piece from the B-side of the Mad Tea Party - Wonderland paper to make a banner. I love the softness of this paper and thought the mint was a nice "trendy" color for my card.   Since I only used a 2 inch strip, I can easily duplicate this card multiple times from one 12x12 sheet of paper.
 
 
Chalk boards are super trendy right now too, so I used the one from Marion's Scarlet Printable Collection for my sentiment. I can easily reprint the chalkboard as often as I need to since this piece is a digital file. This collection is currently on sale for half price in Marion's Store.   Click here for more details.  
 
Finally, I added a twine bow, and poinsettia to give the card a festive look. The rich red velvet hand made flower gave this card the WOW factor.
 
Here is a tutorial on how to create the Poinsettia.
 

 
I love that this card makes a wow statement without a lot of effort. Handmade cards are so special to me, because I know how much time and effort went into designing them.  Do you make your holiday cards?  If so, please share them with us on Facebook. Make sure you tag me in the post, so that I can admire your work.
 
Thank you for stopping in today,
 
Tonya Gibbs
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Love it! Your poinsetta is gorgwous! It does make a wow effect!! Omw to watch your tutorial. :-)

    ReplyDelete