Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A little Christmas crafting

I know it is Thanksgiving week and I certainly don't want to bypass the Day of being Thankful for all our blessings!   BUT I know in order to get my holiday crafting and gifts done, I need to start NOW!!  Today I am sharing a project that was very fun and will make a great decoration OR gift!
I started with an old book I found at the thrift store.   Take off the covers and follow the instructions found here:  http://www.readersdigest.com.au/make-a-christmas-tree/.  These are very fun and easy to make so my 14 year old daughter made this one!  We used a candle holder as the Base.  I glued the bottom of the tree to the candle holder  with hot glue. 

The Little embellishments for the garland were made with punches using the clock side of the Mad Tea Party papers.   I also cut out the doilies from the striped side of this paper to make the larger embellishment. 
The charms were made with the Epiphany crafts epoxy and metal charm kits!  
The center large embellishment has a lolly center on top of the doilie made with old book paper. 
The garland was made by sewing on the twine and adding little pennants and circles  with about an inch in between each one.  I then wrapped the garland around the book tree and lastly added my center embellishment.  The top star is a hatpin with a glitter star punched from sparkle paper.  

A closeup of the details of the garland.  I added some little bling to make it sparkle after I sewed the pennants and circles on the twine. 
These are the papers I used- Perfect for this tree project!  I love the doilies!!! 
I am THANKFUL this week for being able to work with such amazing products and that YOU came by to see!!!  Blessings to you and yours in this holiday season!!
Thankfully,
Colette!

1 comment: